Welcome to P.E. with Jose!
A big hello to all members of the SYV Family School community!
This year I will be doing my best to provide our students with an interactive, educational,
and (at very least) entertaining PE program. Each week we will be covering three topics of personal health and wellness.
1. Physical - Learning about how our bodies function, which foods provide the most nutritional value, and making sure we exercise regularly to keep our muscles strong.
2. Mental - Realizing that our minds are the most powerful muscle of all. When we focus on understanding how we think, act, and react to our surroundings; we begin to find out more about ourselves and what we need to feel our best.
3. Social/Emotional - Applying both independent and group oriented skills such as critical thinking, communication, and problem solving.
I would like to thank each and every one of you for your flexibility and understanding during this time of Remote Learning. We will get through this together and come out stronger than ever.
Wishing everyone physical, mental and emotional wellness.
(The luckiest PE Teacher in the world)
Below are links to last school year’s remote learning program saved via google drive.
PLEASE FEEL FREE to access any and all resources provided there.
Explore and see if you can find something that you really enjoy!
● The average human body is made up of about 55-60% water.
● Newborn human babies are about 75% water.
● Water helps our bodies regulate temperature (stay cool).
● There is water inside our blood.
● Water is not only in the blood, but also in the brain and heart.
● Everyday we as humans lose 2-3 liters of water through breathing, sweating and using the bathroom.
● Not drinking enough water will negatively impact your energy, mood, skin moisture, and blood pressure.
● How much water we should drink is dependent on who you are and what you do (weight and environment).