top of page

The Annual Fund

Photos: Purple Door at Camp Ocean Pines 2023

At SYV Family School, our Annual Fund plays an essential role in supporting and enhancing our dynamic and nurturing learning environment. As an independent school, the tuition we collect covers most, but not all, of the cost of providing the rich, inclusive, and engaging educational experiences we're known for. The Annual Fund helps bridge this gap, ensuring we can continue delivering an exceptional education to every student.


Here's how the Annual Fund impacts our community:

  • Enhancing Student Experiences: The Annual Fund supports unique learning opportunities and enriching experiences for our students. From multi-age classrooms to our outdoor learning initiatives, your contributions enable us to provide a comprehensive educational program that fosters joy in learning and nurtures each child's innate gifts.

  • Supporting Faculty Development: The Annual Fund also enables us to invest in our faculty, offering professional development opportunities that equip our educators with the latest in educational research and methodologies. This, in turn, ensures our students benefit from instruction that is both innovative and effective.

  • Ensuring Financial Accessibility: At SYV Family School, we believe in making quality education accessible to all families. The Annual Fund supports our financial assistance program, ensuring that financial barriers do not hinder a family's ability to provide their children with a transformative SYV Family School education.

  • Enhancing Our Campus: The Annual Fund also supports ongoing maintenance, enhancements, and improvements to our campus facilities. These resources provide our students with inspiring spaces that stimulate creativity and encourage active exploration.

  • Fueling Innovation: Lastly, the Annual Fund allows us to innovate, explore new ideas, and continuously evolve our offerings to meet our students' needs and to keep pace with changes in the broader educational and community landscape.


Every donation to the Annual Fund, regardless of size, has a significant impact. Each gift represents a vote of confidence in our mission and a commitment to our students' educational journey. With your generous support, we can continue fostering a learning environment that honors the whole child, strengthens our community, and builds a brighter future for all our students.


Your contribution to our Annual Fund is not just a gift; it's an investment in our students' present and future. Join us in this vital initiative. 


What is the annual fund?

The SYV Family School Annual Fund is our crucial annual fundraising initiative, designed to balance the gap between tuition income and yearly operational costs. Tuition covers 80% of SYV Family School's operational budget, leaving a necessary 20% to be gathered through annual fundraising efforts, like the Annual Fund.

Why is the Annual Fund so important?

The Annual Fund is a key metric for the overall health of the school. High participation is also an indicator of our comunity’s dedication to our mission and vision.

What is the timing of the Annual Fund?
In late September, the development team launches the Annual Fund with the support of Family Circle. Our goal is to reach 100% participation by October 27th, 2023. 

What are the giving levels of the Annual Fund?
We’re fortunate to have a culture of giving to the annual fund. We encourage families to give at a level that is meaningful for their family.

Whale           $20,000 and above
Shark             $15,000 - $19,999
Dolphin         $10,000 - $14,999
Seal                $5,000 - $9,999
Otter              $2,500 -$4,999
Pelican          $500 - $2,499
Fish                 $1 - $499

bottom of page